Welcome to the ILCC Women's Club!
The Indian Lake Community Club Women's Club was founded in 1926, just two years after the Community Club was incorporated.
It holds the distinction of being the first organized sub-club of the ILCC. Mabel Ackley was elected the first president and served in that role from 1926 until 1935.
Our goal is simple: to enhance the thriving community of Indian Lake. To accomplish this, we spearhead fundraisers, organize social events, and focus our time and talents on bettering the community that we love so much—a community that is hard to describe to those
who have not experienced it!
We meet once a month (usually Thursday nights at 7:30pm) at the clubhouse, where we plan our events, track our progress, and identify new opportunities to help. Of course, meetings are also a time to catch up with each other or have a drink at the clubhouse bar.
Why you should join the Women's Club:
1. To stay on top of lake happenings, including events (for women, men, families, and kids), fundraisers, and so much more.
2. To support a thriving community; a community that breeds friendship, comradery, and service—all through a shared love of Indian Lake.
3. To meet new people, connect with old friends, and share experiences with neighbors.
We make it easy for any ILCC member to join the Women’s Club. There are no dues or significant commitments. Instead, we ask two simple things:
1. Complete a membership form, which will put you on our email list so that you are informed about meetings and events.
2. Make a commitment to find at least one (1) way to help us make a difference. To sign up or learn more, reach out to Tracy Milne VP Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org
ILCC Women's Club Garden Card Party held at the home of Mrs. McGinity.
OFFICERS and COMMITTEE CHAIRS
President: Joanne O'Leary
VP -Ways & Means: Dee Abbate-Fetzer
VP - Membership: Tracy Milne
Treasurer: Anne O'Brien
Recording Secretary: Leah Horky
Corresponding Secretary: Rhona Furey
Historian: Heather Kemp
Programs: Laura Carpenter
Sunshine: Linda Lash
Publicity: Lisa Hanson
Hospitality: Maureen Krzyzanowski
Beautification: Erica Dates
For general information, please email email@example.com
Some of the ILWC accomplishments...
At ILWC, we proudly donate our funds to benefit a variety of community needs, which we vote on at least once a year, or as requests are brought to our attention. Some examples of past ILWC contributions include:
Replaced diving boards at Main Beach.
Purchased new swim lanes for Clubhouse Beach.
Purchased clubroom furniture.
Contributed substantial capital for dam repairs.
Donated an aerator for the bay and lagoon.
Joined fellow sub-clubs and Trustees in gifting meals to resident healthcare heroes.
Set aside $20K toward future Clubhouse renovations.